Friday, June 6, 2014

Fort Lauderdale Home Improvement show, 2014T

My last visit to the US was in 2008. It's now 2014. So when my good friend BC asked why I didn't just 'get on a plane', I couldn't think of a good reason why not. We talked about dates and he said he was working over Memorial Day weekend at the Ft Lauderdale Home Improvement show. So I booked my ticket for 2 days later. Only we had it wrong. He was working the weekend after Memorial Day. There was nothing to be done about it, so I went to the show with him. 

This magnificent sculpture stands outside the front doors of the Ft Lauderdale Convention centre, on a black marble slabs with water cascading down, so it looks as though the marlin really is bursting joyfully out of the sea.



Quiet day, then!


One of the many designer rooms on display.


The front door of the Port Authority Convention centre. The Marlin sculpture  is to the left, just out of the shot.

I just thought this was funny. Are they patriotic rats, or what?

2 comments:

geezer said...

OMG, images of the show on such a quiet day brought back memories of similar scenes in the land of the Maple Leaf.
I would hope traffic picked up, lol.

Maggie's Magic Pantry said...

Lucky for me, I was only there to play. I did get up and throw a couple of pitches, but it was with great relief that I got back down again! I think you will understand ;-)