Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nice day for a paddle!

Looking West towards Poole and the Purbecks.Today I stuck my toe in the ocean (well, the English channel really) for the first time this year. I suppose I could have waited for a nicer day, but this is England, it's already July and who knows when the sun will poke it's nose out again? Besides, recent events have reminded me that if you want to do something, do it now, 'cos you just never know....
And I wanted to feel the sea and the sand.

(Photo) East to Hengistbury Head and the Isle of Wight.

Although it looks pretty cold, the water was OK- not warm exactly, but what you might politely call 'refreshing'; so now I consider myself very 'refreshed'.

I just hope my poor tootsies turn pink again quite soon. Blue really doesn't suit them.

1 comment:

locationgoddess said...

My kind of day at the beach. Bleak, no sun and cooler weather.
Saw that many times when growing
up near Santa Cruz but now while
in the Land of La it's just not
the same. Nearly always sunny and too many people. Can't tell you
the last time I stuck my toes in
the sand. But I'm inspired. As
I drive back to LA this week think
I'll take the coast route and stop in Morro Bay. Thanks for the inspiration Maggie!!!