Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art show in Marbella Old Town

I was pretty happy when I discovered this art exhibition in the Old Town part of Marbella. Apparently it's held once a month on a Saturday. And it's free! We like free. My favourite was this display of work (below) by a French guy. He had some really original ideas for presentation and framing. Some of his pieces were painted on several different bits of canvas which were then mounted on top of each other. He used all sorts of framing materials, including bits of old wood, and even pieces of riding tack. The whole display was very original and it sparkled with energy and excitement.




I would have loved to have bought one work from him, but they were all too big.



Mr. Ryanair would have never allowed it.


But then I found these two (below) at another stand. I thought they were prints when I bought them, but it when I got them home I realised they're originals. A real bargain at 20 Euros for the pair.



And they fit into my suitcase, so that nice man at the airport was OK about it.


2 comments:

peacesojourner said...

Very nice art work - just perfect for you to find there.
I'm glad that you had a nice time in Spain.

locationgoddess said...

There's a Mr. Ryanair?